Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kindness

 

Have you ever been stranded on the side of the road in your car and wondered how much is this going to cost me -or- how in the heck am I getting home? Did you need gas, a flat fixed, overheated or your car just stopped moving. It either ended in a loud bang noise, or all the dash lights came on, or you slowly rolled to a stop. Sound like something that has happened to you? How do I know…  I’ve been late to work, unable to call home- the cell phone is dead as well or did not have one, not knowing what to do next, that instant small panic attack sets in…what next? 
The kindness of people is what happens next. There are some bad lots out there but I have to say the majority are good.
Stranded by a flat tire-one time a young man on a bicycle stopped and helped me get the spare mounted on, and with a gracious thank you, I was off. My transmission line sprung a leak and left me in a quandary and I started to take a 4 mile hike home, when my neighbor happened to see me and went home got his pickup truck and brought my truck and me home. There have been a few times over the years that I have found myself unable to handle breakdowns on my own and have been very thankful that a stranger has granted me help in my time of despair. It is good to know in this world of life gone crazy that we are still surrounded by people with good hearts that are willing to help. We do not seem to have time for anything, always on a schedule that requires 36 hour days and yet someone will take the time to stop and lend a hand.   I try to return the kindness whenever I can. I live by the Golden Rule.”Do unto other as you would have them do unto you”.
Thank you to all of the people out there that have been and are still willing to go the extra mile and lend a hand to someone you don’t know.
We here at Biggs Cadillac are here to help. We want to get you on the road and home as safe as possible. We will  go that extra mile.

Keep it between the lines.  Happy Motoring.

No comments: